Sunday 13 May 2012

Catching up

So I am going to try to get back into Michael's Photo a day. I do have some photos of Michael in the Jungle and a few after we got back here to Huancayo and it seem too much to go that far back and try to piece it all together, so I'm going to do photo (or more) a day with what I have until I catch up. The photos are more of me than Mike, but that's what I have.
This however is Mike and I just before going to Mentushari




I spent a day with the men of the village trying to mend the road to Mentuchari which had suffered a mud slide. It’s hard messy work shovelling mud.



It was all in vain as the next day the local council sent a huge digger up the road and pushed all our good work into the river. Also next time it rained (happens a lot in the rain forest) their work was covered with mud too and the road was blocked again. That's life in the rain forest.

Here I am taking the shells off coffee grains so they can be dried and roasted. It takes hours but is good work as you can litterally smell the coffee to come.



Here is a view from the top of the coffee plantation showing the mud road and a bit of Mentushari City Centre



and here is the lovely coffee hulled, dried, roasted and ready for grinding and drinking. MMMMmmm I love Mentushari.




As a footnote. Can you guess which coffee the good people of Mentushari drink? Seeing as they grow some of the best coffee in the world. Fresh, tasty and organic. Yes, that's right they buy Nescafe!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!! The blog's back, how we've missed it!

    Sharron

    ReplyDelete

Please don't forget to sign your comment!