Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 241 27/2/12 No dancing

Mon 27th
Michael was fine again today, very happy and lively. We are still worried about him and watching him closely of course. We got ourselves ready and went off to Huayucachi again to see Mum at the market; we were expecting to see more Huaylarsh dancing there. Mum as usual immediately went off when we got there and came back with several different plates of food for Rocio, Bob, Michael and me. Rocio had a savoury dish but I had Mazamora, the sweet fruity tasting jelly made from red corn. It’s a bit like eating a plate full of fruity jam.
Here are Michael, his Uncle Nestor and Cousin Jean all on one setee.




Michael had fun with the people and ate a bit of everyone’s food.




We found out that the dancing was not exactly in the same town and somehow messed up the arrangements to go to see it so we missed out. Still there will be more soon and there are always different dances to see. Rocio bought me a great DVD of traditional Huancayo violin music and I’m studying it now. My violin playing is getting better and I’m eager to learn local styles and tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!