Monday 17 October 2011

Day 107 15/10/2011 Klezmer Day

On Saturday we went to Glossop so I could play klezmer. I haven't' done that in years. We went to the house of Adrian and Judith who had invited about 15 musicians to play. It was wonderful. We drove up there across the moors from near Sheffield alongside the reservoirs. I had forgotten how beautiful it is up there.
We got to Glossop at about 11.00 and were made very welcome. Michael was at his best charming everyone and getting lots of attention. He was no problem at all whilst we sat and chatted and whilst we played and the only problem he caused as we ate the food we had brought to share was that he wanted to join in and so he had his feed at the same time. This made it hard for Rocio to eat her soup but you can't blame a boy for feeling hungry. He got a bit tired and upset later in the day, perhaps because never managed to sleep and so we left a little early. This had always been in the plan as it is a bit much to expect a baby to put up with hours of playing music. We got straight into the car and drove up onto Snake Pass and got out for a walk. At the peak of Snake pass is where the Pennine Way crosses it and we strolled along that for a while with Michael sleeping on my shoulder. I remember the times when I walked the Pennine Way, getting to that point and being almost offended by the sudden, noisy interruption of a major road cutting across the peaceful moors. I felt separate from the strange people who drove up there and parked their cars. Now I am one of those people and I walk in my own footsteps with my beautiful wife and marvelous baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!