Saturday 13 August 2011

Day 44 13/8/2011 Peaceful times

Michael woke up very happy today. We all sat in bed whilst I read us "The Content Baby" book. Then when we got up Rocio went to get herself ready for going for her massage and I was with Michael. We had the best time together ever. Dancing about and being silly. He is still not really laughing or smiling with his mouth but he really looked like he was having fun, smiling with his bright shining eyes and we danced about for ages. Eventually I did notice that I was doing most of the dancing and he was just drifting and staring about him in a dream. He must have worn himself out he had been the most active and happy I've ever seen him. Here he is flopping on my neck. I tried to take the picture holding the camera back over my own shoulder so it's a bit wonky.



Then after a really big feed we all got in to the car and went for Rocio's massage appointment. Michael had another little bit to eat just before we got out of the car and we went into the massage place. Rocio used to go there for massage when she was pregnant but this was the first time since having Michael and also likely to be the longest she has so far been without him. The place is all peaceful and quiet and relaxing, just right for a massage but not really baby friendly so I was a bit worried how it would go. Michael was happy in his sling on me though and got lots of attention from the women that work there when we went in. I was ready for him to start crying when Rocio went away and I thought I would have to go wait in the car because I couldn't stay with Michael crying in the massage place. I imagined he might cry for the whole time Rocio was inside but it was nothing like that. He did start crying shortly after Rocio went in but by the time I had got him half way out of the building he had stopped and he never made another sound. We went out to the newsagents and walked about the local area and then came back and I sat reading my magazines until Rocio had finished. Micheal snoozed peacefully or just looked around him for all of it. I was so proud of him and so happy that he could be happy with me.

We went to Weatherspoons for something to eat which was fine. Michael was still charming and relaxed. He had a small feed whilst we were in there. I had a bigger feed of chili and chips and a nice campuchino.
Here is Michael snoozing in Wetherspoons



Afterwards we went for a stroll around the National Watersports Centre to have a look at the white water rafting, which was nice and we had ice creams and sat on the grass to feed Michael. Unfortunately the grass was covered with ants so that didn't work well but mostly we had a very relaxed time strolling about.
Here he is having a look around the watersports centre



When we got home Michael was STILL in a good mood so we pushed our luck trying out the long cloth sling. We really want to practice with this putting it on in different ways to see what works well but Michael usually doesn't like the messing about this involves. This time was no exception. We did get him tied on to my back in a new and interesting way but he hated it and cried a lot so that didn't last long.

Instead Michael had some comforting and went to bed whilst Rocio and I watched our favourite Sci-fi series on Rocio's laptop.

Very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!