Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 45 14/08/2011 Thirsty Work

Today in the afternoon we went for a walk along the local disused railway. I carried Mike in the big cloth sling, which I put on all by myself for the first time. It was great except that I put it on over my jumper and it was a warm day and I was boiling hot most of the way with a hot baby strapped to my belly.




It's nice to have somewhere to go walking nearby although it goes from the hospital along side a busy road and eventually turns into just a footpath at the road side, not too pleasant. Still we had the good bit all to ourselves and it was nice to be out under the trees. The area we live in now is a bit boring. It's nice enough and safe enough but near our house there is nothing but a big hospital, the corner shop right below us and the railway footpath. All the rest is houses. We really miss West Bridgford where we lived before. It had shops and cafes and library and parks and riverbank and take aways etc.
When we got home we decided that we should go out to do the big shopping in the car before we went into the house or we would never get out again today. So we had a good long walk around Asda too. We have bought lots of different things to drink. The hot weather combined with breast feeding are making Rocio constantly thirsty. So juicy fruits, dilute to taste juice, fruit juice in cartons, teas and coffees, vodka, lemonade, cola and chocolate milk. Ok I'm joking about the vodka.

This afternoon after a long play with Rocio whilst I did stuff in the kitchen, I took over playing with Michael and he really wanted only one game 'Punch the Daddy'. He was bouncing around having a good time but every few seconds he would pull one or other fist back (punching himself in the face) and throw it out towards me. It was a lot of fun. He did seem to be aware of what he hands were doing more than ever before. Though not perhaps well able to control them. He was also occasionally grabbing my face and beard. All great stuff. He really is learning what his hands are for now. I love it.

Here he is having a calming down time just lying on his back with his dummy in. He often doesn't accept his dummy but when he does he loves it. It even calms him soemtimes when he is crying and crying and nothing else will help. Not always but it's definatly one thing worth trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!