Tuesday 1 August 2017

Michael's Party

Michael's Peruvian Birthday Party went fantastically well. It got off to quite a bad start when the "clown" we ordered didn't turn up for an hour or so after the start and Rocio and I were left to try to entertain the children without any preperation. Rocio is great though and she had them dancing and playing games, most of which I was left to discover the rules of as we went along.
The "clown" did eventually come. I put that in speech marks because he really doesn't try to do jokes or clown about or do slap stick fun or anything like that. He does have big shoes on and a little makeup, but a half effort at clown costume really.




He was more or a party organiser and he got the children singing and dancing and doing silly games. We did have one problem. When we went to the party shop we explained to the woman we placed the order with that we were worried that the clown would do as we had seen others do. Spend his time makeing rude jokes with the adults and getting them up to do sexy dancing in front of everyone. We strongly believe that a children's party is for the children, and so his job is to entertain them not to do spend his time flirting or trying to embaras the adults. She seemed to understand and assured us that as a modest Christian woman herself she wouldn't want that (personally I don't care if that's what you want from your clown, but it's not for us.)  When the clown arrived we talked to him and told him the same and he assured us it would be OK. SO as you can probably guess, half way through the party he told us he wanted to Fathers to come up to the front (as there were only three Fathers there I was one) and we were going to become a dance troupe, OK so far I don't mind a bit of silly dancing. He explained that he would sing and we would do the moves he wanted. They, of course, turned out to be sexy dancing moves that I probably can't do and wans't willing to try. There was a difficult moment while he tried to force me. That was never going to happen. Then he switched to a nice game with the children and left me abandoned at the front. 




Apart from that the party went very well and Michael was a real star, singing and dancing and really having a good time. There was one bit where he got sick of the other children pulling him about and trying to mae him do stuff he didn't want to and he did cry a bit and refuse to do what they wanted. Sometimes I think he is a little like me. I am so very very proud of him.
It was only one bit of a very happy party for him though.



3 comments:

  1. love these blogs. not sure if my replies get to you. i think micheal was overwhelmed at the party, I remember times in Perez everyone shoutng at me in spanish at once, it's too much and you need a 'time out' to get in control again. as for the 'not playing' part of you, that's a capricorn trait (I should know) I dont do public humiliation by someone else or demean myself for entertainment - unless I choose to. You were right about warning the clown, they think if the parents have a laugh they will hire them again.it's lack of ability when they have to resort to that. let me now you saw this please, love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just worked out how to read your replies. I'll check for them now, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please don't forget to sign your comment!