Friday 18 May 2012

Quinceanera

Today we were all invited to Cousin Diana's 15th birthday party, a big deal here in Peru, something like a Jewish bat mitzvah. She had a big party in a local disco with her formal partner for the event and about 6 other besuited and dressed couples to receive them as they entered, a mariachi band to serenade them, formal waltzing with the friends and relatives, speeches and then an all night disco.
Rocio, Mike and I stayed for the Mariachis (which I love) and the food (lots of sweeties so not too bad for us veggies) and then went home.



Here is Mike enjoying his sweet biscuits by spreading them all over Mum.




Bob stayed all night and apparently danced "Perreia" with one girl and asked another out. I believe he did have a couple of drinks at some point. I also believe that videos exist showing more of the night than Bob remembers and when I get hold of copies I'll surely share them with you all until then here is earlier in the evening when the waltzing was going on. You can just glimpse the birthday girl dressed as a princess through the throng.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!