Friday 18 May 2012

ID card

Michael finally has his Peruvian ID card. Very important this even for a baby. It's not easy to travel on an intercity bus for example without one. We had all sorts of hassle getting it of course. The local authorities didn't want to accept Michael's birth certificate even though it was issued by the Peruvian government in the embassy in London and they didn't believe he was a Jenkins despite seeing my gringo face in the office. Then they managed to spell his name worngly on the fist one they printed. Still we got it in the end and her he is showing it of on the bus ont he way home.



Rocio Mike and I went into town and as is our custom stopped off for a drink, banana juice for Mike, Milky coffee for me and fruit juice for Rocio. Here is me trying to take a picture in the mirror.




Rocio’s family are hat makers and so as a present for her from Bob and my trip to Bolivia I bought her a Bolivian hat. This is the style worn in La Paz this year, a development of the bowler hats Bolivians have traditionally worn I guess. Rocio always but always looks good in hats


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!