Friday 17 February 2012

Day 228 14/2/12 Bob making hats

Here's Bob helping to make hats in the morning



We went into town today to buy various things including parts for the two violins and I am so happy that I can set them up again. I hate to see musical instruments not being cared for.
We are getting to be regulars again at the corner shop. The lady who works there seems to like Michael (Who doesn’t?) and gives him little presents. Today she gave him two “Island” bananas. I’ve never seen these in England. They are orangey in colour inside and have a slightly different taste. In fact there are several things of the banana family here in Peru that are unknown in the Uk and never enough words for them all in English. We only have banana and plantain. We certainly don’t have bananas that taste of apples.Michael loved the bananas and I sat with him whilst he demolished one of them teaspoonful at a time, with great concentration. He is eating so well and so much here we will have to weigh him soon to see just how big his is getting.
Michael helped me fix the violins this evening sitting on my lap getting as involved as possible with every part. We set up both as far as I could and I managed to get a tune out of one of them. There’s still a lot of work to do on the other and I really need help as I am learning how little I know about violins.
Here he is posing in his yellow Pikachu hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!