Sunday 20 November 2011

Day 139 16/11/2011 Tubbie Morning

We have a new routine. Rocio wakes up when Michael demands in the morning, usually at about 7 a.m. Michael has always been very good at sleeping through the night, only waking for a feed once or twice int he night, perhaps waking for a play with me when I get home from work and then sleeping again. He does however always want to be up and out of the bedroom at about 7 a.m. Just being awake and in our bed bouncing about will not do. He demand to be out about the house at least. So Rocio has to get up and care for him. HE makes Rocio entertain him and not nod off on the settee. Eventually they go for Michael's bath time and such and play more until 10 when I usually wake. I'm not just being lazy as I don't get in from work until late and don't sleep until 2 a.m.
Then I take Michael while Rocio goes for a snooze for an hour or so. This has become our tellietubbie time of day. We sit and watch stuff together while Michael bounces and perhaps chews a toy. I'm amazed by his concentration and enthusiasm. He loves wathching stuff ont he screen and seems to have some favourites. Tellie tubbies are good but he seems bored by the bits when they just dance about. He doesn't really like the parts with video of children doing things either. He likes the bits where the tubbies interact with each other, talking (in Spanish) and hugging and giving things to each other.
I've tried him with various different porgrammes and I'm tring to find out what he wants. I'm enjoying watching all this to and find myself huming the tellit tubbies theme at work sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!