Saturday 30 July 2011

Day 29 29/7/2011 Bumps and babies

Today we went out early in the morning to the "Bumps and Babies" group.
This is held weekly by Philppa of the National Childbirth Trust, who we went on an excellent antenatal course with. It was hard to get up and out in the car to be there by 10.00 especially as I don't go to sleep until the early hours.
We met 6 or seven other mums with new babies, although Michael was the youngest there. All the other babies look so big compared to our little boy! I think the oldest was still less than a year. The group just meet each week to talk about their new babies or their babies to come. There were no 'Bumps' there this time. Everyone was very welcoming and we had a nice time. Rocio says that she really liked that no-one in the group said "Oh you're blind. Who will look after the baby?" or anything daft like that. The women there all talked to her about babies, perfect.
Even if it's a bit much for me to do on a work day I hope Rocio will go again.

I did forget to take the camera so no photos of Michael ignoring the other babies. In fact I only took two photos of him today, the least ever. Hope I'm not getting bored of him !



A funny thing happened this evening. I got home from work at about 12.30 am as usual and Michael was awake, which is getting to be a bit unusual these days. He does seem to be developing a routine. He really does sleep more at night than in the day. But this time he was wide awake and keeping Rocio awake wanting to play. I recon it's because I forgot to switch off the bedroom light before I went to work and Rocio can't see it so she didn't know. Michael however is a very visual boy and doesn't think it's sleep time if the light is on. I'll have to set up a timer switch for it.

2 comments:

Please don't forget to sign your comment!