Friday 25 August 2017

Rain

Then it rained, and rained and rained, and rained some more. This doesn't actually bring life to a stand still, but nearly. We could n't go plant the new coffee plants we had wanted to and most disappointingly we couldn't go swim in the river. A treat I had been longing for. It never got cold really, but we soon ran out of dry clothes and there was little to do except watch telly and it was a bit boring. That's why it's called the rain forest, but still it's a bit boring when it raining for three days.

In the end out time in Satipo ran out and we had to go back to Huancayo, out 7 weeks here are rapidly coming to an end and we still have so much to do. I was sad when we had to leave Mentushari, it's such a lovely place, with great people and great food and a lot of rain.

 (Back in Hunacayo we opened a couple of these to suck the sweet lemony covering off the seeds before drying and hoepfully grinding up in to coco powered before we go to England)


On the way back down the mus roads of the mountain we stopped to look at some Cacao plants by the road. Yummy chocolate comes from here.

Before saying good bye to the rain forest and Papi Florentino we went for a pizza in Satipo, which was good fun, in the restaurant there was a small taxidermy museum with a horrific range of slaughtered rain forest animals and even a human skull. Yeuch.


at the bus station I spotted a National Express bus!  Not exactly the same company I work for in the UK I guess as we would never allow so many live guinea pigs and chickens in the luggage hold.



Then back on the no-toilet bus, over night with my ears popping, back up the Andes to Huancayo, which feels like home to me now.I had a terrible night's sleep on the bus but I am back at the laptop with a very nice cup of Mentushari coffee by my side (not Nescafe, never that muck) so life is good and who needs sleep when you have coffee?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!