Monday 26 September 2011

Day 86 24/09/2011 Buggy in town

Oops on Saturday I forgot to take any pictures of my boy before I went to work and I got back just after midnight so this picture was taken actually on the 24th but as Michael was born at 2.12 a.m. it still counts in a way as I have taken at least one picture of him ever 24 hours since he was born.




In the morning Rocio and Michael went shopping in the corner shop below our house, without her long cane. I think this means she now regards the shop as part of our home,she never uses her cane at home, perhaps it's just a big cupboard to her.

We went to town in the afternoon on the bus with Michael in the buggy. It is very different to going with Michael in a sling. Firstly we had to invent a good method of me guiding Rocio whilst she pushes Michael. It's not the same as the method we use to steer a shopping trolley between us but we worked something out. The big difference is no-one sees Rocio as blind when we have the buggy and I guess they don't know why we have to move as a group through the Saturday shopping crowds. The buggy does protect her from the constant stream fo people wanting to bump her (Like those wonderful parents who stop the traffic on a busy road by pushing their baby in the buggy out into the road eh?) but it is strange having Michael so far away. I can't see him when he is in the buggy. Michael seems t like it all though he slept or played all the way round town and he is getting heavier and heavier every day.

I did find out how hard it is to change a boy's nappy on the floor of the men's toilet whilst other men are knocking on the door to come in. Now I believe in baby changing rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!