Saturday 16 July 2011

Day 16 16/7/2011 Saturday in Town

It's the weekend at last so I get to spend some time with my boy. We decided to do one of his favourite activities, going shopping. Really, he does seem to like being out in town in the baby sling.
So we went the city centre and tried our luck in the Victoria Shopping Centre. It's a bit like cage fighting in there on Saturday. I do my best to stop people bumping in to Rocio or Michael when we are out walking, mostly by holding Rocio's white stick across in front of us, but some people managed to evade this today and bump into Michael's head. I was not happy. One stupid woman was walking into Lewis' (Nice parents room !) not looking forwards, and suddenly lurched backwards into the cane, hard enough to bang it into Michael's head. I was ready to fight her, she stopped and looked at us and had a few grumpy words to say, as if we had done something to her. I know the cane hurt her arm and I don't give a shit. It was there to protect my boy.It took ignorance and strength to get past it and hurt my son. I raised my voice at her saying "What? Do you want to come here and talk to me about it?" and she slunk off. It's not my normal way to verbally abuse women in town but I was happy to make an exception. The way I felt I would have done the same if it were a man.

Well this aside we had a good time. We even went to The Alley Cafe for some superb veggie food and coffee. Once again our boy was charming all the time we were there.

Here I am with Michael in the cafe.


And Michael looking relaxed and yawning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't forget to sign your comment!